Join a community of creative problem solvers and engage your students in inquiry-based learning with Design Thinking Philadelphia! Our program and resources guide you through a series of weekly activities that teaches your students how to use the design process to address a problem that interests them. DT Philly recognizes students' achievements throughout their projects, and the program culminates in a Design Showcase where students share their work with their peers and with design and business professionals.Compete 360 is now accepting applications for the 2018-19 school year! Applications can be submitted by teachers or principals by clicking the button below.
Here's what's new for the coming year:
- All divisions (high school, 6th-8th grade, 3rd-5th grade, and K-2) will start in the fall.
See how program activities support core standards here.
- A few openings remain for new teams in each division (a team is typically 3 to 7 students); register by August 25!
- Teacher training will be held Saturday, September 15, 2018; you must attend in order to participate in DT Philly.
- A program-wide design showcase will take place in early February; all teams that complete projects (including teams in K-5th grade) will participate.
- There is a $50 materials fee per team; if you are registering five or more teams; a 20% discount applies. (This fee is waived for teachers who have completed the program in prior years.)
DT Philly can be incorporated into the classroom or run as an extracurricular activity. Additional details about curriculum, support, and implementation can be found in the program overview, and this introductory video shares project examples for different grade levels. If you have questions about the program or how your school can join the fun, please call 267-886-8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!
If you are registering more than six teams, please contact Compete 360.